Empa - Eidgenössische Materialprüfungs- und Forschungsanstalt
MPA Mission is to solve industry-relevant challenges for sustainable energy generation, conversion and storage technologies through materials and device innovation.
Our Expertise possesses strong competencies in the synthesis and processing of functional electronic and ion conducting materials, their structural characterization, electronic, ionic and thermal transport properties, and teir performance assessment in operational devices.
Our Research aims at fundamental knowledge through experiment and modeling enabling new materials and processes that improve device performance, cost and reliability.
- High-energy density cobalt-free cathodes for Li-ion batteries
- Oxynitrides for photoelectrochemical hydrogen production
- Membrane development for alkaline electrolysis
- Oxide catalysts for low-temperature methanol steam reforming
- Carrier-selective oxide contacts for low-cost solar cells
- Oxide thermoelectrics for >800°C
- Half-Heusler thermoelectrics for 500-800°C
| CH, Überlandstrasse 129 CH-8600 Dübendorf
Activities in value chain
Member Id: 843
This member datasheet was last updated on : 07.08.2018Modify this member datasheet