- Lead and develop the buying team, including supplier development, to optimize procurement processes and standard work, and achieve performance metrics such as cost reduction and on-time delivery.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for supplier performance improvement and cost reduction, managing cost models for suppliers.
- Develop and maintain metrics for monitoring supply chain processes, implement corrective actions, and drive continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Develop and manage risk mitigation plans for assigned product categories, proactively addressing obsolescence risks.
- Ensure suppliers have current approved and released specifications and drawings revisions.
- Participate in new product introduction efforts and qualify new suppliers as needed, collaborating with cross-functional teams including Manufacturing, Finance, Engineering, Quality, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Maintain all purchasing data in the ERP system.
- Collaborate with the international business to evaluate common spend and identify opportunities for price reductions, rationalize and consolidate the supply base, and establish long-term agreements (LTAs) to support lean initiatives.
- Develop and implement the “Supplier Optimization” process to improve sourcing guidelines and strategy for supply chain projects, including cost reduction, work transfers, dual source strategies, and inventory reduction.
- Oversee planning, prioritization, and completion of various supply chain projects across all sites, ensuring projects are achieved within time, budget, and performance expectations.
- Support negotiations of Supplier Long-Term Agreements for the enterprise.
- Proactively balance multiple demands in a fast-paced production environment and provide strong leadership and guidance in the Supply Chain organization.
- Build and lead the Purchasing organization, including managing the Buying team for on-time delivery and cost performance.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing, Engineering, and Quality teams to optimize procurement processes and supplier performance.
- Develop and curate Purchasing templates to streamline procurement processes.
- Orchestrate Supplier Performance guidelines and Supplier Development process to ensure supplier quality and delivery performance.
- Manage the Approved Supplier List (ASL) and the on-boarding process for new suppliers.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop processes for supplier additions and act as a representative for key supplier relationships.
- Conduct supplier site visits to facilitate on-boarding of new suppliers and maintain strong relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field preferred.
- Experience with low-cost region sourcing in other countries.
- Previous experience in Purchasing, Supplier Development, or Project Management.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record of cost reduction activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to influence and motivate individuals and teams without hierarchical authority.
- Experience in large global companies and/or demonstrated ability to operate in an entrepreneurial, agile company.
How to apply?
Send your CV to Kyle Tormey at firstname.lastname@example.org