LIFTE H2 GmbH
LIFTE H2 is a hydrogen infrastructure development company with a unique technology ecosystem and hydrogen-specific capabilities in safety management, project delivery, engineering, and digital asset management. LIFTE has offices in Boston and Berlin, and is delivering projects across the globe. LIFTE works with suppliers, demand-side customers, and technology providers who seek to establish a competitive position in the hydrogen economy in preparation for near-term rapid scaling.
LIFTE H2 is looking for a Finance Manager to support the growth of its German entity, LIFTE H2 GmbH. You will join our business operations team and work closely with the GmbH managing directors, global project teams, global financial controller, and the tax office. You will be responsible for the local accounting and finance processes, including month end closing and reporting to the group. You will lead local projects and support global projects or initiatives in terms of regulatory compliance and reporting requirements to external financial institutions and tax authorities.
- Coordinating with the company’s tax advisors.
- Controlling the local accounting / bookkeeping processes and liaising with our external accountants.
- Reporting accounts for the purpose of consolidations.
- Providing relevant analyses and supporting information on local numbers when requested for the Group management reporting purpose.
- Managing company employees’ expenses claims process, including the approval process, recording, and making timely reimbursements.
- Preparing and issuing company invoices and managing the Accounts Receivable process including debtors aging.
- Managing the Accounts Payable process, tracking the purchase orders, recording invoices received and making vendor payments.
- Supporting annual financial statement preparation and tax audit where relevant.
- Providing support on local financing and tax matters for global and local projects.
- Managing project finance and administration, e.g., managing purchase orders, tracking project cash flows.
- Collaborating with local banks to apply and manage various financial products (e.g., credit lines, saving account, investment products.)
- Identifying state and industry grants and tax incentives that could be a good fit to the nature of the business, and provide recommendations on those that company should pursue; managing reporting requirements when needed.
- Managing the ongoing cash flow requirements of projects or initiatives and the local entity.
You will work in a friendly environment. The company is on a rapid growth path, and you will part of it. You will participate in various projects, will learn on the go, and for sure will never get bored. Even though we work at a fast pace, we take care of our team members’ work-life balance. We offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Summer holiday allowance
- Christmas bonus
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonus
- Stock options possible
- Company pension scheme (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge)
- Capital-forming benefits (VWL)
- Travel, health, and accident insurance
- BahnCard 100
- Remote work budget
- Family friendly policies
- 30-day vacation
Your experience and skills:
- Fluent in German and English
- At least 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting in a growing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance or accounting and bookkeeping experience supported by relevant qualifications such as Geprüfter Bilanzbuchhalter or similar.
- Coordination with banks and/or grants providers regarding grants, loans, credit lines, etc.
- Experience in expense reporting, as well as team and project budget management
- Proficient in accounting and finance systems such as Datev, Pleo, Billomat, or similar.
- Experience in managing the implementation and/or integration of finance, CRM, or procurement systems.
- Working knowledge of common business software (Microsoft Office, Box, Google Workspace, Slack, Asana, Slite) or have demonstrated aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Good knowledge of German legislation and ability to keep up to date with changes.
Is a bonus:
- Strong knowledge of HGB or IFRS is a plus.
- Experience in working in an international organization with employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Take ownership and proactively looking for areas of improvements in your working environment.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Resourceful, work well independently as well as in a team.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of flexibility and responsibility.
- Computer literate and able to use software from any company and learn new systems in a short space of time.
- Bilingual, having an outstanding written and oral communication skills in German and English.
About LIFTE H2
LIFTE is a 100% employee-owned company built from the leadership team of one of the world’s foremost hydrogen infrastructure multinational corporations, with a vision to accelerate deep decarbonization of society through the use of zero-emission hydrogen.
LIFTE develops products and services that connect hydrogen production to customers both in mobility and industry. Our solutions span electrolysis, export, distribution, and end use providing scalable cost, reliability and performance. LIFTE H2 has deep expertise in hydrogen project engineering, product development, project delivery, and operations globally.
LIFTE H2 cares as much about the path taken as the end result; the end never justifies the means. We are curious truth-seekers who do our best to do business in a way that brings love and respect to all the humans and environments around us. We work hard and are mission-focused, creating opportunities for ourselves and others around us. How we fulfill this mission is as important as the vision itself; LIFTE will show our customers, partners, and environment Love, Integrity, Fun, Truth, and Excellence in everything we do.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with a subsidiary in Berlin, and are on a growth path that we hope you will consider joining! LIFTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
How to apply?
Would you like to join us? Please apply here.