Hydrogen Europe is the leading organization representing European based companies and stakeholders that are committed to moving towards a (circular) carbon neutral economy. With more than 300 companies and 30 national associations as members, we encompass the entire value chain of the European hydrogen and fuel cell ecosystem. Our vision is to propel global carbon neutrality by accelerating European hydrogen industry and we are the industrial key partner of the Clean Hydrogen partnership.
Full Time, Intern
Posted 2 months ago
Hydrogen Europe is looking for a Funding and Financing Intern based in Brussels, Belgium or remote in the European Union (full time)
We are looking for a versatile professional passionate about the crucial role of sustainable finance, integrated regulation and industry partnerships in reaching the targets for decarbonisation in Europe. The intern will support the Funding and Financing Manager in coordinating the Funding and Financing Working Group of Hydrogen Europe, in close collaboration with the Intelligence team, the Intelligence Manager and the Chief Intelligence Officer.
Supporting the coordinating work of the Funding and Financing Working Group such as:
organisation of meetings,
dissemination of relevant information to members of Hydrogen Europe,
help developing common positions and position papers.
Help facilitate access to funding and financing for the members of Hydrogen Europe, which would require:
Identifying and monitoring EU funding opportunities for the sector, members or Hydrogen Europe itself,
Mapping leading funding facilities and instruments from member states,
Mapping the ecosystem of financial institutions (VCs, CVCs, banks, Asset managers, infrastructure funds etc) active in the hydrogen sector, and help establish contacts with these stakeholders,
Help organise meetings and events between the hydrogen sector and private financiers (corporate & project finance).
Support the Funding and Financing Manager and Hydrogen Europe’s Intelligence Unit in tasks related to financial modelling.
A relevant university degree (e.g., science or engineering, finance, economics, policy, MBA, etc.),
A first exposure or experience in private finance of companies and projects and/or business case preparation, acquired either in a specialized consultancy, an investment firm or in the research and EU funding department of a company, a research organization or a trade association,
Excellent numerical skills, including capacity to collect, organise and analyse quantitative data,
Ability to analyse information and summarising it concisely,
Strong time management skills and eye for detail,
Capacity to animate group discussions and build common positions,
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools,
Excellent written English.
Nice to have
Experience in working with European institutions and stakeholder management in the European ecosystem,
Proficiency in data management tools and database building,
Good knowledge of clean energy and transport technologies and players,
A general understanding/ real curiosity for the hydrogen ecosystem,
What we offer
International and dynamic team,
CIP contract for 6 months,
Great opportunity to learn about the non-profit management, partner and membership management and the hydrogen sector,
Good internship compensation,
Home office beyond the Covid restriction period as well.
How to apply:
Please email your application in English by clicking here and include in the subject line “Policy Intern” with your first name and surname.
• Applications to be considered valid must include: a one-page letter of motivation, proof that you can live and work in the EU, and a CV. Please do not send anything else.
• Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in the EU and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
• Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in the EU.
• Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
• The deadline for applications is 15.02.2022. Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
• Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action.
• Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The personal data we collect during hiring processes is only used for the purposes of carrying out the selection process and is deleted once the process has ended. For shortlisted candidates, we routinely ask for their consent to keep their information for 6 months after the end of the selection process, in case other vacancies that could fit their profile open up.