Hydrogen Europe is the European association representing the interest of the hydrogen industry and its stakeholders and promoting hydrogen as an enabler of a zero-emission society. With more than 400+ members, including 25+ EU regions and 30+ national associations, we encompass the entire value chain of the European hydrogen and fuel cell ecosystem. Our vision is to propel global carbon neutrality by accelerating European hydrogen industry. For more information, please visit https://www.hydrogeneurope.eu.
Based at the Secretariat’s office in Brussels, as part of Ops team and reporting to the COO, the HR Director supports the dynamic and energetic team of the Secretariat by ensuring a smooth operational and administrative working environment. The responsibilities of this role stretch across the following domains: HR administration,and office administration.
A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities are outlined below.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First point of contact for employees for all HR related matters;
- Provide advice and support to management on all HR related matters and report HR related data;
- Participating in the recruitment process, e.g. scheduling and setting up interviews, administering tests and providing other support;
- Induction/onboarding of new employees, ensuring employment legislation compliance and the roll-out of the overall organisational induction process;
- Keep up-to-date on Belgian labour legislation and ensure compliance
- Update and enforce HR policies, and related regulations;
- Manage and coordinate career development trainings, ensuring compliance with training plan;
- Identify staff needs and make recommendations to the leadership for employee benefits and optimization of salaries;
- Payroll administration in coordination with the external payroll company;
- Preparing HR documents such as employment certificates, contracts of employment, etc.;
- Coordinate and ensure liaison with insurances companies;
- Ensure proper filing and safe-keeping of HR administrative documentation.
- Handling a wide variety of administrative tasks
- Updating the intranet and various HR systems and databases.
- Other related HR tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR related field;
- Minimum 5 years experience in HR/Admin/Office management position, preferably in the Belgian context;
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian HR legislation;
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Experience with SD Worx system is an asset;
- Strong communication skills in English and either French or Dutch.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to multidisciplinary work in the environment of a multicultural team;
- Ability to work with people who are in stressful and difficult situations;
- Good organisational skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work in an efficient manner.
How to apply?
- Please fill in the form below and put “HR Director” as the position you’re applying for.
- Applications to be considered valid must include: a one-page covering letter clearly stating your salary expectation, proof that you can live and work in Europe, and a CV. Please do not send anything else.
- Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Europe and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in Belgium.
- Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- The deadline for applications is 14.04.2023. Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
- Applications will be reviewed as they come and the selection process may close as soon as a suitable candidate is shortlisted.
- If shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a personality test online and an interview will be held remotely.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.