Lab technician Membranes
Agfa Gevaert NV/DPC/Green Hydrogen Solutions
The Agfa-Gevaert Group develops, manufactures and distributes an extensive range of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the printing industry and the healthcare sector, as well as for specific industrial applications. Although the company generates its entire turnover in business-to-business markets, it also contributes to your everyday life. Whenever you read a newspaper or visit a hospital, the Agfa-Gevaert Group is probably closely involved.
- You work in a multidisciplinary team in an R&D environment where you develop and evaluate membranes in consultation with the project leader.
- You draft and execute test plans, both in a lab, pilot and production environment and you assist in shifting processes to other production facilities.
- You process, interpret and report the results of your tests and formulate a proposal for further steps in development.
- You actively follow up on developments in your research area.
- You search for and apply new evaluation methods to evaluate the quality of products. You make safety and efficiency your priority.
- You can independently write a work procedure that forms the basis of the manufacturing instruction. Based on this prescription, a quality dossier and a safety study, you introduce new formulas in manufacturing.
- You establish and maintain the necessary contacts with the R&D labs, engineering, production, application, and innovation.
- You work according to the applicable safety and ISO procedures and report in the databases provided for this purpose.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or materials science (or equivalent through experience).
- You are driven and have passion for product development.
- Knowledge of membrane technology and/or electrochemistry or willingness to learn is a plus.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and very good organizational skills.
- You are a driven researcher and work methodically, keeping the end goal in mind.
- You are able to independently work out a (partial) project in the context of the introduction in production of new processes and you take the necessary initiatives, paying attention to safety and quality.
- You are stress resistant and persistent.
- You are flexible and deal quickly and efficiently with different trial conditions and trial locations.
We are a Belgian company with an innovative mindset, offering high-tech solutions that contribute to a sustainable future. We offer a rewarding career in an international and changing environment, the opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of the Agfa experience, we’ll take you there!
How to apply?
Curious about this opportunity? We also know that a job contains more than just 5 bullets! Apply! We love to tell you more about our company, the content of the function, responsibilities and possibilities. Just apply!