About Press and Communication Officer position
The main purpose of the Press & Communications Officer is to run press and media work on behalf of Hydrogen Europe as a member of the Communication Team, while holding a transversal role across all teams in the association. The Press & Communications Officer is expected to have a strong understanding of policy priorities and will work very closely with the Chief Policy Officer and the Chief Funding and Intelligence Officer.
- Writing and editing articles, newsworthy press releases as well as interviews
- Profile Hydrogen Europe with Brussels media, trade press and mainstream press as well as establish and maintain excellent relations with the press in Brussels and across EU members states
- Handle and coordinate all correspondence with media outlets
- Manage policy messaging on social media channels
- Arrange press conferences, interviews, and briefings
- Identify newsworthy stories across the organisation as well as with the members
- Liaise with press and communication staff of Hydrogen Europe members to maximize media coverage as well as support Hydrogen Europe and its members’ events as and when it relates to policy communication
- Maintain and update media contact databases
- Crisis communications
- 3-5 years’ experience in a media-relations role in an energy-based environment, in consultancy or in trade association, or as a journalist in an energy-related field.
- Understanding of the clean tech market. Experience in the hydrogen sector is welcomed. Alternatively: Willingness to learn about the hydrogen ecosystem and a strong interest in energy and sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to journalism or communication.
- Knowledge of the EU policy framework and its processes.
- Established network of journalists in Brussels and capitals (specialised and policy).
- Proven expertise in crisis communications planning and execution.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English, additional languages are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proactivity, and flexibility
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly about complex issues
- Newsroom experience is a strong asset
- Ability to summarise and communicate complex policy, technical and business matters
- Experience navigating and influencing multi-stakeholder environments
What we offer
- We offer a competitive remuneration package with generous extra-legal benefits.
- Flexible working from home policy
- This job requires to be based in Brussels
- A dynamic, modern, and international workplace
Start: as soon as possible
How to apply:
- Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line “Press & Comms officer” with your first name and surname.
- Applications to be considered valid must include: a one-page letter of motivation, proof that you can live and work in Belgium, and a CV. Please do not send anything else.
- Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in Belgium.
- Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- The deadline for applications is 19.08.2022. Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
- Interviews will be held in the week of 05-09.09.2022. Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action
- Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The personal data we collect during hiring processes is only used for the purposes of carrying out
the selection process and is deleted once the process has ended. For more detailed info please see at https://hydrogeneurope.eu/privacy-policy/