- The Production Engineering Manager plays a vital role in the development and refinement of manufacturing processes to support 24×7 operations, driving a culture of continuous improvement through the implementation of Lean-Sigma methodologies.
- This Manager will lead the Production Engineering team tasked to identify opportunities for ongoing improvement and to achieve the highest possible levels of safety, product quality and manufacturing efficiency. By engaging effectively with cross-functional partners within the business, the team will drive manufacturing improvement projects and educate stakeholders related to manufacturing best practices.
- This Manager will develop and lead initiatives to increase the output capability of the manufacturing facility, reduce manufacturing waste and cost, yield the highest levels of product quality, and track progress using metrics and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Ensure manufacturing processes and equipment meet required production capacity and capability requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement, measured by KPI’s including production quality, production capacity, manufacturing productivity, and cost reduction.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Process Engineering Team in implementing sustainable process improvements through the use of Lean-Sigma tools.
- Plan and lead the execution of Kaizen events.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives down to the production technician level in order to advance our implementation of lean principles and establish these efforts as part of our lean culture.
- Direct the training of the Production Engineering team in lean work cell design including details around safety, ergonomics, 6S, kan bans, standard work, and visual controls.
- Close coordination with Value Stream Managers to support manufacturing process needs and alleviate constraints, including input to production technician training programs.
- Coordination with New Product Introduction and Engineering teams to improve design for manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability.
- Cross-functional coordination to develop and maintain a comprehensive equipment management process, in-house fixture and tooling requirements, and preventative maintenance requirements to increase overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Work with the quality organization to ensure thorough root cause analysis, timely dispositions of non-conforming material, and development of corrective/preventive actions to ensure process & product quality.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate manufacturing process performance metrics (KPI’s).
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or Business
- Experienced Lean-Sigma practitioner; green or black belt certified preferred
- Several years of related work experience; experience within a high-tech manufacturing operation is highly preferred
- Proven track record of managing teams and driving manufacturing improvement projects
- Capability to identify gaps and critical needs to meet team objectives.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills including daily communications with the team and with internal customers.
- Proven ability to coach and enable team development.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Application of 8D, Six-Sigma or other standard problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong organization and analytical skills; detail oriented.
- Proven experience with 6S to help drive workplace organization, flow, and safety.
- Capacity to balance multiple projects to completion.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex methodologies to diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Uncompromising dedication to product quality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism
- Excellent follow-through
- Must be driven and self-motivated
How to apply?
Send your CV to Brogan Gollop – firstname.lastname@example.org