This is a phenomenal chance to join the hydrogen sector for an industry-leading renewables business. As the most heavily invested domain within clean energy, there has never been a better time to work within H2, typified by the Green Hydrogen legislation bill passed by the government very recently.
As Quality Manager, you will be dealing with state-of-the-art technology which has reached commercialization but is constantly under innovation. Be at the forefront of the Green H2 revolution.
The Quality Manager plays a vital role in the development, refinement, and implementation of the system and tools to assure production quality. This role will lead a team of Quality Engineers and Technicians to flow down acceptance criteria, establish testing protocols, document & control procedures, collect & analyze data, develop & maintain quality metrics, and drive root cause analysis of product and process defects, developing containment, corrective, and preventative actions. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a thorough knowledge of quality management systems, strong leadership skills, and a demonstrated track record of success in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Reduction of manufacturing defects.
• Development and maintenance of quality metrics dashboard (KPI’s)
• Maintenance of quality manual and procedures.
Core Duties And Responsibilities:
• Lead the Quality Team in implementing quality assurance system and quality control tools.
• Develop, maintain, and communicate quality performance metrics (KPI’s).
• Manage quality manual and document control process.
• Manage factory acceptance testing criteria, protocols, and data collection process.
• Manage instrument and tool calibration process.
• Support corporate quality system compliance and certification initiatives.
• Manage internal quality inspection and audit process.
• Drive quality initiatives down to the production technician level to advance our implementation of continuous improvement principles and establish these efforts as part of our culture.
• Lead root cause investigations to drive corrective and preventative actions.
• Work with the production team to ensure thorough and timely dispositions of non-conforming material to maintain continuity of production and containment of problems before they reach the customer.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Collaborates within other Quality functions, develops relationships with other supporting functions and departments. Strong team player. Builds relationships long term.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Engineering or Operations Management.
• ISO9001/IATF 16949/AS9100 Quality Systems implementation & compliance.
• 8D Structured problem-solving process.
• APQP and PPAP experience.
• Six Sigma green belt/black belt preferred.
• Ten (10) or more years of related quality work experience; experience within a high-tech manufacturing (automotive and/or aerospace preferred) operations is highly preferred.
• Proven track record of helping to drive manufacturing quality improvement projects.
• Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex methodologies to diverse audiences and stakeholders.
• Uncompromising dedication to product quality.
• Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
• Ability to role model high standards of professionalism.
• Excellent follow-through.
• Ability to work in structured and unstructured systems environments.
• Be able to deliver strong results.
• Must be driven and self-motivated.
How to apply?
Send your CV to David Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org