The Role: Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager (SPM) is responsible for new hydrogen product introductions. This role is critical to enable campaigns of profitable, reliable, and high performing hydrogen projects as the existing supply chains and products have significant deficiencies. Strategic technology commercialization and supply chain development is an enabler for the industry, and a core competency for LIFTE that creates differentiation.
You will collaborate primarily with three other complimentary teams: digital development, systems analysis, and supply chain development. LIFTE has a full stack IOT, cloud computing, and front-end digital development team which is critical to delivering high availability supply chains and reducing operating costs for LIFTE’s projects globally. You will incorporate the digital team’s technology into your product definitions wherever possible. You will direct and collaborate with the systems analysis team, leveraging their techno-economic modeling skillsets and engineering knowledge to develop critical technical insights that form your product strategies. The supply chain development team is responsible for the commercial agreements to support new product introduction, to complement your commercial and technical skillsets.
You are responsible for developing go-to-market product strategies that identify technical and commercial gaps, and concrete action plans to address them while delivering advantage for both LIFTE and corporate partners. LIFTE develops supply chains and new technologies with a technology ecosystem mindset, partnering with the best in class hydrogen technology providers to improve existing technologies into high performing, robust, and fit-for-purpose serial products. Using these analysis-driven strategies, you will scope and deliver Joint Development Agreements, special procurement arrangements, or internal development activities to deliver next-gen products to LIFTE’s engineering and project delivery teams.
Your role is equal parts external and internally facing, working closely with joint development partners to deliver the anticipated value in the business case and go-to-market plan. Your role is also a combination of technical and commercial skills, ensuring the product has strong market pull while burning down technical risk.
You must have the technical background to be effective in one or more of the following product families:
- hydrogen refueling protocols
- hydrogen refueling & transfer systems
- high pressure compression systems
- high pressure storage systems
- electrolysis systems (SOEC, PEM, ALK)
The SPM will report to the Head of Product Management.
- Hold responsibility for technical delivery and business value creation anticipated in your product strategies.
- Based on deep techno-economic and market analysis, develop actionable and credible product strategies that close the cost, performance, reliability, and safety gaps for LIFTE’s target use cases.
- Ensure tight integration between your activities and the Supply Chain Development, and System Analysis teams to develop market and customer assessments, and to provide business cases for launching new technology commercialization programs.
- Constantly be searching for differentiated technologies, companies, and service providers to improve LIFTE’s technology and delivery ecosystems.
- Use Systems Engineering principles and practices to ensure new products support supply chain strategies, the products are reusable in other use cases, and commercial and technical scopes maintain alignment throughout the development
- Implement effective interface management processes.
- Domestic travel at 10% and occasional international travel required
- Position is based in Berlin, Germany
- Combination of virtual and in office working (80/20)
Extremely Competitive Benefits Program:
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonuses
- Stock options possible
- Betriebliche Altersvorsorge
- Travel, health, and accident insurance
- Competitive and environmentally friendly mobility options paid for by employer
- Family friendly policies
What Experience & Education is Required?
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, or science, +MBA or equivalent advanced commercial/business degree preferred.
- 5 years combined experience in product development and product management, 10 years preferred.
- A record of successful product delivery, with a preference for at least 5 years delivering into energy or infrastructure projects.
- Experience working in the hydrogen industry is strongly preferred.
- Formal education or on the job training in systems engineering is a significant asset
What Skills are Necessary for Success?
- Persuasive: Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive results across multiple organizations
- Excellent Communicator: Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, especially for formulating compelling technical documents
- Independent: Strong ability to work independently and handle ambiguity
- Data driven: Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action
- Creative & Curious: Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast. Extreme curiosity and appetite for learning and growth
- Detail Oriented: Strong attention to detail, creates error free work.
- Speed: Ability to come up to speed and operate on technical and business concepts quickly
What Qualities are We Looking for?
- Passion: your passion is incorporated in what you do and drives your progress.
- Servant leadership: constant focus on how your work can serve the needs of others.
- A focus on excellence: your work is error-free and complete.
- Good judgment: your recommendations are sound.
- High integrity: do the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
- Community builder: We like each other and want you to be a contributing member of the LIFTE community in whichever way you are uniquely designed. Diversity of thought and approach is important to us.
Would you like to join us? Please apply: