The Role: Senior Systems Analysis Engineer
As a Senior Systems Analysis Engineer, you will be responsible for system analysis efforts to ensure LIFTE H2 stays several steps ahead of not just the competition, but the global market. You will be the pointy tip of the spear in providing the technical and economic analysis insights for how hydrogen supply chains will mature. You will develop and timely deliver systems analysis results, including functional specifications, system and subsystem hydrogen supply chain architectures, trade-off studies, and protocols. You will also contribute to build or improve our internal techno-economic models to generate insights on cost, function, and performance of the supply chain elements. You will be part of a growing team, and work collaboratively with the team members and also across other functional teams in the company to refine key system requirements. The team’s work will form the basis of LIFTE H2’s strategy, product definitions, and technology partnerships. The rules of the hydrogen economy have not been written yet, therefore you need to discover them and point our commercial, product management, and delivery teams in the right direction.
The Senior Systems Analysis Engineer will report to the Systems Analysis Team Lead.
- Apply advanced system analysis techniques to lead concept exploration, system trade analyses, and system architecture development.
- Build and/or improve model components of LIFTE H2’s set of techno-economic modeling tools of hydrogen supply chains consisting of H2 generation, compression, storage, distribution (pipeline, over road), refueling, and the interfaces thereof.
- Synthesize model results into product requirements, strategic direction, and commercial/market targets.
- Support commercial and technical risk analyses.
- Maintain a controlled data book of model inputs consisting of commercial, technical, political, and economic data. Continuously update inputs to models, ensuring best available information is used.
- Publish and present results in public forms according to LIFTE H2’s media and influence strategy.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams for needed design basis and technology evaluation.
What Experience & Education is Required?
- MSc degree in engineering or science, with focus on one or more of: systems engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, physics, computer science and/or mathematics.
- 3-5 years’ experience of systems analyses and/or building technical system models or simulations as part of an engineering, system modeling, or product/technology development team.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing requirements, determining appropriate solutions, and developing optimized strategies.
- Competency with modeling tools and languages, such as Python, MATLAB, etc, is a significant asset.
- Competency with object-oriented programming and software collaboration tools (git, github,…) is a significant plus.
- Experience and knowledge with hydrogen systems and markets is a significant plus, but not required
- Experience working with next-gen collaboration tools are an asset (Asana, Slite, Gsuite, Slack)
What Skills are Necessary for Success?
- Detail oriented
- Ability to synthesize model results into actionable recommendations for commercial and technical teams
- Strong collaboration skills, working with engineering and product technology teams.
- Superior chartsmanship
- Good presentation skills
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to self-direct
What Qualities are We Looking for?
- Passion: your passion is incorporated in what you do and drives your progress.
- Servant leadership: constant focus on how your work can serve the needs of others.
- A focus on excellence: your work is error-free and complete.
- Good judgment: your recommendations are sound.
- High integrity: do the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
- Community builder: we like each other and want you to be a contributing member of the LIFTE community in whichever way you are uniquely designed. Diversity of thought and approach is important to us.
- Domestic travel at 10% with occasional international travel required
- Position is based in Berlin, Germany
- Combination of virtual and in office working (50/50)
Extremely Competitive Benefits Program
- Performance-based company profit sharing bonuses
- Stock options possible
- Betriebliche Altersvorsorge
- Travel, health, and accident insurance
- Competitive and environmentally friendly mobility options paid for by employer
- Family friendly policies
Would you like to join us? Please apply: