The Senior Systems Engineer, Hydrogen, is responsible to help lead the business’ development, operation, and constant improvement of hydrogen fueling infrastructure at client and company owned locations.
This position will primarily work with the internal hydrogen systems team, hydrogen engineering team, construction team, and service team in addition to external vendor’s engineering staff to ensure thecorporate refueling offering is a thoroughly vetted product with continuous operation.
The ideal candidate should possess a background in chemical, process, or industrial engineering and must be willing to travel to deployment locations when required to assist in unique commissioning or complex troubleshooting efforts; up to 10% of the time.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of all products’ designs and functionality.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert for hydrogen generation, compression, storage, and dispensing systems.
• Develop Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, perform Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, and specify critical balance of plant components for hydrogen generating, compressing, storing, and dispensing systems.
• Develop and lead projects for equipment cost reduction and efficiency improvement.
• Act as Responsible Engineer and coordinate / collaborate with internal personnel for testing and deployments of new or modified technology.
• Interface with vendors as necessary to vet their offering, gain critical information for troubleshooting, or implement improvements.
• Provide guidance and technical expertise to component and automation engineers as to how overall system and individual equipment is meant to operate.
• Provide expertise to assist the construction management team with drawing development and permitting as needed.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in chemical, process, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
• A minimum of eight (8) years working experience in process / chemical plant environment.
• E.I.T. certificate or P.E. license highly preferred.
• Experience in any of the following spheres of activity is preferred and highly valued : Hydrogen and / or fuel cells/ Cryogenic Industry/ High Pressure Systems (250 Bar and up)/ Gas processing or dispensing equipment/ Oil and Gas, CNG, LNG, etc Logistics / Material Handling/ Process development including P&IDs, PFDs, material and energy balances and process simulations.
How to apply?
Send your CV to Kyle Tormey at email@example.com