We are seeking a Technical Program Manager (Propulsion) to manage our Powertrain development and deployment program as we bring our disruptive technology to market. The Technical Program Manager, Propulsion will plan, schedule, organize, direct, and control the program deliverables on an aggressive timeline.
In this role, you will focus on cost, quality and timing and ensure the team drives and completes the phase-gate review process for each phase of the project.
- Lead cross-functional teams, suppliers, manufacturing, testing, and validation teams on the complete life cycle of the project through product launch, and implementation of lessons learned on subsequent products (cradle-to-cradle responsibility).
- Apply fundamental advanced planning to lead the execution of design maturity from initial concept to product launch, to next concept.
- Create/follow timelines to ensure project meets program milestones for the Vehicle Powertrain System.
- Collaborate closely with Vehicle Program Management, across departments (marketing, engineering, sales, supply chain, finance, etc.) and with suppliers Lead resolution of engineering technical hurdles through deep collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate with the Engineering and Testing & Validation team to develop and maintain the design Validation Plan and Report (DVP&R) including both in-house and supplier testing plans, and ensure sign-off tests are completed on schedule.
- Take personal responsibility for the team’s success by holding the team accountable, ensuring proper meeting cadence, and elevating effectively when needed.
- Use risk management approach to anticipate and prevent problems from occurring, elevate risks to management when/if they occur.
- Support the Purchasing team in sourcing and RFQ activities.
- Follow tooling sources to track progress and alleviate any issues that may affect timing
- Provide regular project status reports to Vehicle Program Manager and Senior Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or closely-related discipline (MBA or PMP Certification is preferred).
- Experience with Automotive/Trucking or similar industry with experience in Project Management.
- Experience with APQP processes, engineering procedures and key deliverables with solid understanding of system/component design/development processes
- Excellent planning, collaboration, and facilitation skills to coordinate and leverage capabilities across a highly matrixed organization involving multiple products, channels & functions
- Experience with vehicle electrification programs.
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of problem-solving tools and key performance indicators / metrics.
- Ability to plan and manage complex projects crossing over many departmental lines.
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, to all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High Energy / Flexible / Adaptable / Dynamic / “can-do” attitude.
- High comfort and confidence level while giving presentations to room of peers and/or stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and thrive within a rapidly changing / growing matrix organization.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally ~ 15-20%.
Contact: Ciara Willis – European Lead Hydrogen & Clean Tech