Technical Sales Manager
BOSS Energy Consulting
Founded in 2014, BOSS Energy Consulting LTD is an established zero-carbon, renewable recruitment business. Our services cover established, growing and emerging energies associated with the generation, distribution and use of carbon-free energy. Our offices in London, Amsterdam and Singapore provide clients and candidates a recruitment service that taps into the global energy market, but at the same times feels local. Our networks, regional consultants and unrivalled knowledge allows us to access global talent whilst remaining attentive to domestic values and customs. The energy industry is undergoing a seismic shift towards a carbon neutral and sustainable future.
- The FC system will be an integral part of the future energy network being able to operate on a multitude of fuels including carbon free hydrogen. We are working with partners to bring this system to the market.
- To add to our entrepreneurial team, we are looking for a team member with sales experience in the industrial and commercial buildings sector, engaging with consultant and planning teams and who can ensure a successful customer/partner journey while also support the wider UK team in setting up a successful UK business.
- As a Technical Sales Manager you will be responsible for developing the industrial and commercial market and building a sales pipeline either through your own channels or developing partner channels, you will be developing mature sales leads for our partners, provide sales phase project support and be the key link between customer and partner.
- Having a deep partner understanding you will be responsible for projects from inception to contract signing; then accompany the project through to operation working closely with the project team to ensure a successful partner journey by providing technical & commercial consulting as well as project support. You will be expected to integrate and work closely with the UK based project management and service teams as well as the central German teams.
- You will be required to deeply explore the commercial entanglements and ideally bring a network within that industry. Knowledge about building energy systems as well as the power market and power generation behind the meter is beneficial.
- In conjunction with this you will be expected to attend or speak at exhibitions and conferences while working alongside governmental and marketing to aid and steer both the key messaging and ensure a positive legislative future for Fuel Cells.
- Customer success: being the go-to commercial expert and first customer contact, building a sales pipeline and generating mature leads for the partner network. Influencing customers energy strategies to include fuel cells.
- Business success: be accepting of new business model processes and strategy and support the development of the go to market strategy
- Influence: be comfortable developing key strategic sales messaging from market feedback and presenting this to customers.
- Sales Management: Able to effectively coordinate and manage partner sales to ensure success in close cooperation with technical project management
- Energy landscape: Stay up-to date with the changing energy landscape and legislation for datacentres and feed this back into the business strategy.
- Exhibitions and Conferences: Evaluate and attend exhibitions and conferences that will create a positive and influential sales environment for fuel cells.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar (preference towards combined business and engineering qualifications)
- +3 years’ experience in the datacenter industry primarily with a commercial & strategy focus
- Experience in a customer facing / alliance & partner management role
- Sales experience
- Have worked on company strategies and business development (preferably in the field of sustainability)
- Basic project management experience
- Outgoing & creative personality not fearing personal customer & partner contact and being able to quickly gain foot in new environments, always keeping a professional manner both internally and externally.
- Be comfortable presenting in front of an audience both internally and externally Take ownership of tasks and think outside the box.
- Ability to plan and organize time effectively with independent working but also work as part of team.
- Be able to work with office & collaboration tools (MS Office, MS Teams).
- Be able to effectively work with multiple partners & tasks in parallel.
- Have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Be able to work in a start-up style environment.
- The role will be a remote position (working from home) however you will be expected to travel (UK wide, Ireland and Germany) when required to ensure you can carry out your duties.
How to apply?
Send your CV to Kyle Tormey at email@example.com