At Airbus, our purpose is to “pioneer sustainable aviation for a safe & united world”. To do so, we have the ambition to develop the world’s first zero-emission commercial aircraft by 2035.
As a member of the ZEROe project, you will join a team of highly motivated and valuable people who are involved in aircraft concept exploration, technologies development, next generation industrial system and future hydrogen ecosystem preparation that will shape the development of our zero-emission aviation.
We are looking for talented candidates who can reinforce our project team by bringing their experience in their field of expertise as well as making the difference through proven interpersonal and collaboration skills.
As part of Airbus and to accelerate the development of a Zero Emissions Aviation, you will join the Aircraft Operability department, whose mission is to ensure that our aircraft meet our customer expectations in their everyday operations. Bringing your senior expertise in the field of hydrogen (liquid & gaseous) systems and Fuel Cell maintenance operations, you will be responsible for defining maintenance objectives and requirements, which will contribute to the selection & shaping of technical architectures meeting Airbus expectations for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) infrastructure and consideration of health and safety needs of ZEROe aircraft in a real-world environment.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Define operations and maintenance-related requirements to support the definition of the ZEROe overall concept for Hydrogen & Fuel Cell related activities.
- Define key criteria & carry out trade assessments to select the optimal architecture and its development with regards to maintenance operations (including maintainability, costs and reliability).
- Define impact of H2/LH2 maintenance on Aircraft design (e.g. need for additional sensors), and possible side effects on others systems (e.g. maintenance limitations).
- Identify key drivers which impact Maintainability, Operational Reliability, Direct Maintenance Costs and Aircraft Availability
- Identify means and enablers to be put in place, linked to maintenance operations with Hydrogen & Fuel Cell : regulation & safety requirements for human factors, training, impact on methods / procedures (for airport, maintenance at the ramp, in hangar, …).
- Create the overall framework (requirement, process & methods) needed to deliver Operability compliance within ZEROe.
- Develop Hydrogen & Fuel Cell maintenance competencies within Airbus.
- Drive key factors to define maintainability life cycle assessment (including sustainability).
Who We Are Looking For
Required Educational Background and Experience:
- Educated to an Engineering degree (or equivalent);
- At least 10 years of experience working in Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Maintenance Operations;
- Knowledge of Aircraft architecture or experience in aeronautic (design, operations, maintenance) would be a plus;
- Ability to lead and energize teams without direct reporting line with the team members;
- Strong relationship building, networking, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in multicultural environment;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- High degree of initiative, credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust;
- Languages: Negotiation level of English and French/German/Spanish is considered a plus.
This role will involve some travels for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
What We Offer
You will work in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment where your proven experience, expertise and knowledge directly impacts day-to-day business operations.
You will benefit from joining a dynamic and international team where your expertise will grow by the day and will be supported with professional training.
Come Join Our Team!
Airbus’ zero emission programme is growing. If you have the passion, ambition, energy and competence to make a step change in this transformation – we want you! Your dream job starts here!
If your profile matches with our requirements and you are interested in joining our dynamic and multicultural team of professionals, you can complete your application online (providing your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation).
Join Airbus now and embrace the opportunity to make a difference. We make it fly and you can too.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
How to apply?