Skip to main content
x

ESB

ESB

ESB was established in 1927 as a statuatory body under the Electricity (Supply) Act 1927. With a holding of 95.4%, ESB is majority owned by the Irish Government. The remaining 4.6% is held by the trustees of an Employee Share Owenership Plan. As a strong, diversified, vertically integrated utility, ESB operates across the electricity market, from generation through transmission and distribution, to supply of customers, with an expanding presence in Great Britain's generation and supply markets. In addition, we extract further value at certain points along this chain by supplying gas and using our networks to carry fibre for telecommunications. ESB is a leading Irish utility with a regulated asset base (RAB) of approximately €9.6 billion (comprising ESB Networks €7.9 billion and NIE Networks €1.7 billion), a 38% share of generation in the all-island market and a significant supply business, supplying electricity and gas to approximately 1.3 million customers throughout the island of Ireland. ESB will continue to grow the scale of its generation, trading and supply businesses so that it can compete within the all-islands competitive environment. ESB is focused on providing excellent customer service and maintaining its financial strenght. As at 31 December 2018, ESB Group employed over 7.800 people.


General information

| www.esb.ie | +353 1 676 5831

| IE, Two Gateway, E Wall Rd, East Wall, Dublin 3

| linkedin | twitter | youtube

Contacts

Main Contact

Activities in value chain


Projects involved in

No projects linked

Member Id: 1445

This member datasheet was last updated on : 26.07.2019

Modify this member datasheet

Contact us