The role of the business Development Manager is to identify, develop and capture opportunities for new market sectors/ new service offerings within our existing Client base as well as new Clients. Main focus is on securing work with New Clients to diversify our portfolio and to capture new opportunities to expand our footprints in new market sectors, i.e. CO2 management and Renewables as well as new service offerings.
This role supports Win-It work across all Practices & new Markets, engagement with Clients as well as tracking and monitoring market & business trends to identify and convert opportunities for business growth and transformation.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the handling of enquiries from new Clients or for Clients which do not have a designated Delivery Manager.
Business Development and lead generation:
- Ensuring achievement of assigned Order Intake KPI (per market per practice) which is a segment of the required Global order intake.
- Proactively seek out new clients and new opportunities for business growth across all Practices & Markets, based on agreed growth priorities for each market and location, including new markets in carbon management, renewables, Hydrogen and Downstream.
- Ensures the development of sustainable relationships with new clients, throughout the project lifecycle. Stay involved through project execution to provide client feedback. Attend key milestone workshops and meetings.
- Actively interface with TEN commercial team to collaboratively develop opportunities within the Advisory & Digital Service lines.
- Identify and develop partnership necessary to enable lead capture and conversion.
Tendering and Proposal:
- Develop capture strategy during pursuit phase and ensure the capture strategy is reflected in the proposal through tendering phase.
- Work closely with the designated proposal managers and Technical Authority (TA) for technical support to develop high quality proposals.
- Accountable for ensuring local selling & tendering budgets are achieved or improved.
- Market Intelligence and marketing support
- Lead and support all the marketing activities and business development initiatives with the support of market analyst under the direction of HoM, provide market trends and intelligence including macro market trends, competitors’ analysis, policies, etc.
- Attend relevant conferences to sell services and new markets
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience within Consulting and Energy Transition
- A relevant bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience with Client interfaces and an understanding of relevant markets
- Previous experience with commercial aspects of consulting work
- Proven financial acumens
- Proactive with excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Strategic thinker – forward thinking, adopts a broader perspective and embraces innovation.
- Results driven – accountable, determination to outperform, leads change, customer focused.
- Agility – creates an inclusive culture, fosters collaboration, strong learning agility and ability to manage complexity.
How to apply?
Send your CV to Brogan Gollop – Senior Hydrogen Recruitment Consultant – email@example.com