Electrical Design Manager- Electrolyzer
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
At our Oevel site in Belgium, Cummins is developing innovative Electrolyzer technologies that can generate hydrogen for various applications with zero emissions – contributing to a safe and healthy environment for future generations.
We are looking for a talented Electrical Design Manager to join our team in Oevel (Belgium) or in other Cummins Hydrogen Technologies Locations such as Missisauga (Canada) and Madrid (Spain).
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Focuses on the team development of electrical (power) engineers. The scope of the team is low voltage & medium voltage power distribution, electrical equipment, electrical design for hazardous areas, grounding & lightning protection, engineering processes, international standards (IEC, NEC, CSA, IEEE), Electrical CAD design standardization, design tools.
- Manages a GLOBAL team of 7 to 10 electrical engineers, mostly focused on PEM and Alkaline large scale electrolyzer product development (70%) and other (customer projects, sales support, internal R&D projects). Manages the team allocation on the 6-to-12-month basis (day to day work is managed by technical project leaders)
- Defines a technical expertise strategy for the team: Maintain and develops power engineering expertise, identifies, and develops a subcontractor network for niche areas, etc.
- Drives the implementation of internal processes such as engineering standard works, technical guidelines, design criteria, calculation templates and sheets.
- Drive the implementation and standardization of tools within the group (electrical design calculation software & eCAD software).
- Coach junior and senior engineers to develop both technical and non-technical skillset. Performs 1-2-1 meetings, objective settings, performance evaluations (Cummins Talent Management System)
- Engages with the product managers and technical project leaders to decompose the product roadmap into a work breakdown structure for the electrical team. Can decompose highly complex and ambiguous requirements into concrete work packages.
- Subject Matter Expert in a wide range of topics regarding electrical power engineering. It is expected that the candidate has good theoretical background on power engineering and can engage into complex technical discussions.
- Develops a strategy for GLOBAL standard & requirement compliance (Europe, North America, ASIA)
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- 10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering field.
- Has strong technical competency in all areas of power distribution (concept architecture design, sizing of components, protection, harmonics, grounding, thermal management, lightning protection & EMC).
- Provides strong problem resolution leadership to the team, dealing with both technical and non-technical issues.
- Must be able to handle a global set-up (global team members, different technical requirements across regions).
- Excellent communication skills to engage different stakeholders across different functions (technical, non-technical).
- Must be able to deal with complex and sometimes contradicting requirements. Can handle ambiguity by decomposing major goals into achievable work packages.
- Passionate for power engineering and technology.
- Fluent in English
How to apply?
You can apply from Cummins Careers Wesbite.