Business Development Associate, H2 Energy Europe AG
H2 Energy was founded in August 2014 with the goal of playing an active role in stopping climate change. We want to make hydrogen from renewable energy a cornerstone of the energy system. This can only succeed if the entire value chain across production, distribution and consumption is expanded sustainably and economically. H2 Energy optimizes not just one subsystem, but always the entire system.
H2 Energy makes hydrogen from renewable energy a cornerstone of the energy system. Founded in 2014, H2 Energy is active along the entire hydrogen value chain, offering its know-how and engineering along each link. We draw on extensive experience especially in the realization of hydrogen production plants, the realization of hydrogen refueling stations and in the engineering of hydrogen fuel cell applications. Building on the our existing success of establishing a green hydrogen ecosystem in Switzerland, we are currently planning one of Europe’s largest ‘Power-to-X’ plant in Denmark.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Associate (0-2 years of work experience) to join our growing team in Zurich, Switzerland.
In this role, you will get unique insights into the strategic growth projects of a fast-growing company in the green hydrogen space. The Business Development team at H2E is responsible for growing our business by looking at new geographies for us to expand in, new technologies to use and developing related business cases. You will report to the Business Development Manager and work side by side with experienced colleagues from both technical and commercial backgrounds.
Your key responsibilities are as follows:
- conduct research to identify and assess hydrogen off-take opportunities as well as customer needs and market dynamics
- analyze and process data, prepare excel-based commercial models and support financial planning
- conduct meetings with players in the hydrogen ecosystem and related value chains
- support the preparation of presentations and materials for senior management and external stakeholders
- ensure all new knowledge is well-documented and available to colleagues
- actively give and seek feedback
Desired expertise and skills
The role requires a broad skillset and will put high demands on your ability to leverage your analytical and interpersonal skills:
- You are newly graduated and have up to 2 years experience with a strategy consulting company or similar positions within industry (incl. internship experience)
- Sc./M.Sc. degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related area with excellent academic track record
- You have a structured and analytical way of working, are results-driven and an able to work independently
- You possess strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues, customers, and other stakeholders in various countries and cultures
- You have a positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Previous experience and/or understanding of the process and/or hydrogen industry is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English are required. Danish or Swedish is an asset
How to apply?
Please submit your application with cover letter, CV and work certificates (in English) to Jenny Räsänen, email@example.com. If your profile is a match, we will invite you for a first chat to discuss the role and your expectations in more detail. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, please note that we then have decided to unfortunately not proceed with your application this time.
At H2 Energy we commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all job applicants.