BOSS Energy – H2 Commissioning Specialist
This role involves overseeing commissioning tasks related to the transition of new infrastructure from the construction phase to full operation within their product range. The primary focus will be on customer locations in Australia and New Zealand, with potential travel to the Asia Pacific region. Consequently, this position requires extensive travel, potentially up to 80%. It demands strong mechanical and electrical skills and a deep understanding of industrial gas systems and their performance. Flexibility is crucial to meet project deadlines, and effective communication across various departments is essential. The Commissioning Specialist will collaborate with internal teams, contractors, government inspectors, customers, emergency responders, and external stakeholders involved in the site activation process. Strong communication and professionalism are vital when interacting both internally and externally.
Your key responsibilities
- Travel as necessary to customer sites for inspections, troubleshooting, repairs, testing, and the commissioning of the clients products, which include, but are not limited to, refuelling infrastructure, electrolyzers, power generation units, and reformers as needed.
- Possess extensive knowledge of industrial gas systems and their troubleshooting, with a strong preference for experience in hydrogen fuelling infrastructure. May be called upon to assist with high-level service repairs on existing infrastructure.
- Deliver training to first responders and customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for contractors, project managers, and customers while on-site.
- Assume site leadership responsibilities when the project manager is unavailable.
Demonstrate a proven skill set related to the construction, commissioning, and operation of industrial gas utility infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring equipment safety during operations.
- Understanding the control systems of equipment.
- Interpreting electrical wiring schematics.
- Conducting point-to-point functionality testing.
- Performing pressure testing of piping systems following ASME standards.
- Testing and troubleshooting program issues with engineering support.
- Inspecting process piping systems (pressure ratings, fittings, etc.).
- Providing documented results from system testing and commissioning upon project completion.
- Creating, monitoring, and closing out project task lists.
- Evaluating the environmental impact on equipment function and performance.
- Safely operating and controlling combustibles.
- Diagnosing system problems and troubleshooting.
- Reading and interpreting construction drawings and P&IDs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional and effective interactions with customers and external vendors.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, consistently delivering high-quality results in assigned tasks.
- Adaptable to changing requirements and able to meet project commitments and objectives without compromising workmanship or quality.
- Actively contributes ideas for process improvements and cost-saving measures to the project team and management.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and technical specifications.
- Prioritize safety in all aspects of work and ensure that all relevant parties are educated on the safe operation of hydrogen equipment and infrastructure.
- Provide on-the-job training to new commissioning specialists as necessary.
- Fulfill all other duties assigned and required within the role.
The successful candidate has:
- An associate’s degree or vocational degree in engineering technology or a related field of study is preferred.
- Alternatively, 5 or more years of relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of the above degree requirement.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in installing, troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical systems at an advanced level.
- Prior experience with industrial gas systems is highly advantageous.
- Capable of identifying system failures and pinpointing their root causes.
- Strong organizational aptitude and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software for reporting and email correspondence.
- Demonstrates a role model’s high standards of professionalism.
- Possesses a results-oriented and driven work ethic.
- Exhibits excellent task-oriented follow-through.
- Holds a valid driver’s license for Australia/New Zealand.
- Must possess the legal right to work in New Zealand.
How to apply?
Send your CV to Ciara Willis – European Lead (Hydrogen & Clean Tech) – firstname.lastname@example.org