Director of Business Development
BOSS Energy Consulting
Founded in 2014, BOSS Energy Consulting LTD is an established zero-carbon, renewable recruitment business. Our services cover established, growing and emerging energies associated with the generation, distribution and use of carbon-free energy. Our offices in London, Amsterdam and Singapore provide clients and candidates a recruitment service that taps into the global energy market, but at the same times feels local. Our networks, regional consultants and unrivalled knowledge allows us to access global talent whilst remaining attentive to domestic values and customs. The energy industry is undergoing a seismic shift towards a carbon neutral and sustainable future.
- The role’s focus will be to leverage the technology for three main decarbonization initiatives in the vinyl industry.
- Chemical PVC Recycling- Clean acetylene can be combined with gaseous hydrochloric acid (HCl), which is a by-product of chemical PVC recycling, to produce a circular PVC product.
- Waste Hydrocarbon/Flare Gas Utilization- Given the flexibility of feedstocks that can be used in the reactors, waste hydrocarbons can be processed for incremental VCM capacity at existing VCM production facilities.
- Cracker Electrification- In select geographies, producers are evaluating electrifying existing ethylene or naphtha crackers. With this, there is a necessity to process tail gas that was previously fed back to the furnaces. The company can process that tail gas and provide VCM capacity expansion as a package for these large-scale cracker electrification initiatives.
- Opportunity Identification, Qualification & Prioritization:
- Actively locate/discover, evaluate, and pursue opportunities to generate business with new and existing customers.
- Foster a “hunting” mindset and work in ambiguous contexts, taking risk and actions to generate new business via cold calling and developing relationships in trade associations.
- Participate in trade shows, industry associations, and sustainability panels to build network and increase the company’s industry exposure.
- Manage Momentum Through the Sales Cycle:
- Diligently move the prospect/customer through the sales process; apply appropriate tactics to guide the process towards a favourable decision.
- Develop effective customer relationships through the sales process; assist Senior Leadership in developing relationships with key customer executives.
- Organize and lead internal RFQ/proposal review and pricing/bid strategy meetings.
- Prepare and issue commercial offers.
- Draft, negotiate, and finalize appropriate agreements to close sales.
- Articulating/Delivering the Value Proposition:
- Relay what makes them unique/preferred to competition, customize the message to the audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or technical background; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years commercial experience in vinyl industry and/or chemicals used in vinyl industry.
- Must have personality traits that include integrity, tenacity, perseverance, empathy, and a can-do, positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Show a great passion for winning in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other functional organizations (Business Development, Public Relations,
- Project Execution, Operations and R&D) to drive overall project results.
- Must have the ability to acquire a thorough understanding of customer needs and requirements and apply that knowledge to the role.
How to apply?
Send your CV to Brogan Gollop at email@example.com