Energy Policy Officer
Hydrogen Europe is the European association representing the interest of the hydrogen industry and its stakeholders and promoting hydrogen as an enabler of a zero-emission society. With more than 400+ members, including 25+ EU regions and 30+ national associations, we encompass the entire value chain of the European hydrogen and fuel cell ecosystem. Our vision is to propel global carbon neutrality by accelerating European hydrogen industry. For more information, please visit https://www.hydrogeneurope.eu.
Posted 3 weeks ago
Main responsibilities :
- Contribute to developing and rolling out Hydrogen Europe’s strategy, positioning, and advocacy on current and future EU energy issues, particularly with regards to production and transport of hydrogen.
- Support the energy and infrastructure policy team inter alia in drafting position papers with the industry, and preparing responses to public consultations.
- Coordinate and support the work of Hydrogen Europe’s Production Working group, and provide support to other working groups.
- Advocate hydrogen Europe positions towards European policy makers in coordination with the Energy and Infrastructure policy director and the chief policy officer
- Represent Hydrogen Europe externally, developing partnership with other like-minded stakeholders, participating and speaking at external events.
- Preparing briefings and documents for a variety of purposes/audiences.
- University or advanced degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences (EU studies, Political Science, International Relations), European law, economics, energy management, etc.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in European affairs; knowledge and strong interest in the energy sector with a passion for hydrogen is a plus.
- Experience in energy policy is a major plus.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other European languages an asset.
- Solid understanding of EU institutions and their workings as well as understanding of the current situation related to politics, economics and policy related to energy and climate.
- Experience in handling EU dossiers.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Meeting deadlines and providing a high-quality service, even when working under pressure.
- Flexible, reliable, good team player with positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple issues and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, communication and analytical skills.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge and capability with Microsoft Office such as power points, word and excel .
What we offer :
- We offer a competitive remuneration package with generous extra legal benefits.
- Flexible working from home policy
- A dynamic, modern, and international workplace
Start: as soon as possible
How to apply?
- Please fill in form below and put “Energy policy officer” as the position you’re applying for.
- Applications to be considered valid must include: a one-page covering letter, proof that you can live and work in Europe, and a CV. Please do not send anything else.
- Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Europe and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in Belgium.
- Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- The deadline for applications is 15.04.2023. Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
- Applications will be reviewed as they come and the selection process may close as soon as a suitable candidate is shortlisted.
- If shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a personality test online and an interview will be organised.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.