A French Deeptech, is currently seeking a Ph.D. in Plasma Physics to join their technical team. The organization is committed to energy transition, provides a CO2-neutral solution with the potential to consume 5 times less electricity than water electrolysis for hydrogen production, ensuring competitive costs and zero water consumption.
The organization is actively looking for a Ph.D. in Plasma Physics to contribute to a multi-physics simulation model focusing on methane decomposition through microwave plasma.
The role includes conducting lab experiments using electrostatic and optical diagnostic methods in collaboration with the R&D and Design Office departments, along with external partners.
- Implementation of a database of potential chemical reactions inside a methane plasma at atmospheric pressure.
- Coupling between electromagnetic waves and gas flow: plasma generation.
- Energy transfer inside the plasma.
- Hydrogen and carbon black generation.
- Piloting experiments on a test bench to better understand methane decomposition reactions.
- Electrostatic and optical characterization of plasmas at atmospheric pressure.
- Results analysis and validation.
- Correlation between experimental data and the model.
- Ph.D. degree in the field of plasma physics.
- Significant experience in modelling and experimentation (minimum 5 years).
- English proficiency (written and spoken, B2 minimum).
How to apply?
Send your CV to Brogan Gollop at firstname.lastname@example.org