Research Project Manager
Agfa Gevaert NV/DPC/Green Hydrogen Solutions
The Agfa-Gevaert Group develops, manufactures and distributes an extensive range of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the printing industry and the healthcare sector, as well as for specific industrial applications. Although the company generates its entire turnover in business-to-business markets, it also contributes to your everyday life. Whenever you read a newspaper or visit a hospital, the Agfa-Gevaert Group is probably closely involved.
- You investigate the questions from business and application and independently develop new membranes that meet their demands. You take into account the limitations for formulations in terms of legislation, safety, sustainability, health and environment, patent rights of third parties and cost. You independently develop membrane materials based on the unique Agfa technology platform.
- You are project responsible for the various already ongoing subsidized projects, reporting progress and writing reports on a regular basis. You ensure the successful completion of current projects and the start-up of new projects.
- You manage the portfolio of research projects in accordance with the predetermined time, cost and product performance.
- You translate functional requirements into technical specifications. You plan and initiate experiments, formulate, execute and interpret.
- You establish and maintain necessary contacts with various labs, engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, business, application, potential customers and research centers.
- You work project-based and report on a regular basis the status and further planning of research work in technical forums and project meetings.
- You secure safety and health aspects within your work area.
- You follow the state of the art related to your research area and contribute to the patent portfolio through new patent proposals and experimental patent application support.
- You implement relevant, efficient and safe testing methods.
- You have a Master/PhD degree in Science, Engineering or Bioengineering (or equivalent through experience). Experience with membrane synthesis and/or applications is a plus.
- You have experience in managing various research projects.
- You have knowledge of product development and are well versed in chemical and physical material properties.
- You have good organizational skills and are able to work out a project independently in the context of new product development and take the necessary initiatives for this.
- You cooperate smoothly in a multidisciplinary project team, both with internal and external stakeholders and have good reporting skills.
- You deal efficiently with changing circumstances and project priorities.
- You are stress resistant, persistent and result and customer oriented.
- You are analytical, strong in problem analysis and have good adaptability.
- You pay attention to systematic, neat and safe work.
- You are willing to travel for short periods as part of collaborations, trade shows and events.
- You have good communication skills.
What we offer now and in the future
- A dynamic global organization with a history of innovation and strong product portfolio.
- A challenging environment combined with a supportive management structure.
- Career development and growth.
- A competitive salary and benefit package.
- A friendly work environment surrounded by dedicated and professional colleagues.
How to apply?
Curious about this opportunity? We also know that a job contains more than just 5 bullets! Apply! We love to tell you more about our company, the content of the function, responsibilities and possibilities. Just apply!