Researcher in Hydrogen technologies and systems
Sustainable Energy (SE) is FBK's energy research, innovation and outreach centre. Our mission is to support the development and adoption of low-carbon and zero-emission solutions for the production, distribution and storage of energy that minimize environmental impact and contribute to the deep decarbonization of our society. The Centre on Sustainable Energy (SE) supports the development of devices and methods for generating, storing, and distributing energy solutions with low environmental impact. This will be done from the energy sustainability perspective, with systems and solutions that respect the environment and the quality of life and solutions with a lower impact on health and environmental pollution levels. The ground for the Centre on "Sustainable Energy" is based on the Decarbonization targets, which will demand more energy system flexibility through new gas and power grids and using energy vectors and storage solutions as enablers for the broad penetration of renewables.
FBK-SE is involved in a recently funded project in the frame of the Extended Partnership PE2 – The Energy Scenarios of the Future of the PNRR plan in Italy. FBK is the study and development of the production of electrolytic hydrogen from water. Main tasks are developing functional components/systems of electrochemical technologies for H2 production, including low (PEM, Proto Exchange Membrane; ALK, Alkaline; AEM, Anionic Exchange Membrane) and high-temperature technologies (SOC, Solid Oxide Cells, MCFC, Molten Carbonate and PCC Proton Conductive Cell). The work package includes four different activities focused on: multiscale and multicomponent modelling of the electrochemical system, design and optimization of materials, layouts, and components, prototyping of novel solutions, testing and validation, as well as the definition of guidelines for upscaling and manufacturing enhancements of electrochemical Technologies.
In this context, we are looking for a Researcher who will support the above-mentioned project with the following activities:
Within the Project “NEST”, the expected activities will be:
- Electrochemical characterization on cell, short-stack, and stack for low and high-temperature electrolyser technology
- Accelerated test on high and low-temperature electrolysis technology.
- Support modelling activity with data analysis and exchange with the modelling team
- Support to test bench development and construction
- Development for Design of Experiment and testing protocol
- Produce reports, deliverables and technical reviews of testing and characterization activities.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by completing the online form (https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs). Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- detailed CV;
- cover letter indicating why the candidate is suitable for this position;
- at least 2 professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers).