At our Oevel site in Belgium, Cummins is developing innovative Fuel Cell and Electrolyzer technologies that can generate hydrogen for various applications with zero emissions – contributing to a safe and healthy environment for future generations.
We are currently looking for a Senior Welding engineer/Quality engineer to join the team. The role reports to the Quality Manager- ELECTROLYZER QUALITY.
- Leads the design, documentation, and implementation of welding processes for manufacturing.
- Leads the work for specific projects to create and implement all aspects of welding processes to ensure safety requirements, manufacturing goals, business goals, and product specifications are met.
- Leads by applying the knowledge or use of welding principles and practices to improve manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Leads the communications with and influences key external stakeholders, business leaders, and functional members.
- Works with internal and external resources on specific project assignments.
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization.
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, analyzing data for decision support, and presenting results to plant leadership.
- this role has a set trajectory to develop the selected candidate to became a people manager for the QC team.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- IWE or EWE certification (International or European las engineer certification) is a mandatory requirement.
- EN ISO9712 VT Level2 (Visual inspection certification welding) is a mandatory requirement.
- Nice to have: IWI-c, EN ISO9712 VT Level3, EN ISO9712 PT Level2-3, EN ISO9712 RT Level 2-3
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required as Welding Engineer and Quality Engineer.
- Leadership competencies and experiences will be considered as a plus.
- Experience with Stainless steel piping and frames.
- Welding Tig, MIG/MAG knowledge.
- PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) knowledge.
- Knowledge of ASME BPVC IX, ASME BPVC VIII
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 and/or ASME B31.12
- Notion of orbital welding and feeling with automatization is a preferred requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work well within a high pressure, dynamic, deadline-oriented and team-focused environment.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
- Excellent working environment
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Mentoring/coaching for high performance and career development
- Cummins core values
How to apply?
Please apply directly from our career website: