Skills as the green engine for regional hydrogen ecosystems
Meeting the ambitious targets set by the REPowerEU Communication will require the EU to significantly upscale its hydrogen economy. The success of this task hinges on the availability of an educated and skilled workforce as well as on retaining and attracting talent.
Our panellists will aim to identify hydrogen skills needs and trends whether we are talking about building up the capacities of local government to speed up investments and permitting or preparing the European workforce to deliver the implementation of hydrogen projects. Representatives from the European institutions, regional and local governments, industry and education and training providers will exchange on the ongoing EU initiatives and funding options at EU, national and regional levels to address the skills shortage. Examples of best practices when it comes to designing curricula and training programmes which could be replicated across Europe will also be presented.
- Tjisse Stelpstra, Member of the Council of the Province of Drenthe and member of the European Committee of the Regions
- Henning Ehrenstein, Head of Unit for Skills, Services, Professions, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs of the European Commission
- Jean-Baptiste Ballif, Director, Symbio Hydrogen Academy
- Katarina Muse, Regional Pillar and Skills, Hydrogen Europe
- Valerie Rousselin Somerville, EU Funding manager, Skillnet Ireland
- Jordi Moreno, Principal Scientist, NHL Stenden Hogeschool
- Hydrogen Europe
- European Committee of the Regions
- S3 H2 Valleys Platform
- Hydrogen Europe Research
The European Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. It is organised by the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) and the Directorate-General for Energy.
For more information please visit : https://interactive.eusew.eu
From: 20 June 2023 14:30 (CEST)
To: 20 June 2023 16:00 (CEST)